LIFE'S GOOD PRODUCT
Red Curry Paste
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp Life’s Good Red Curry Paste (Add Red Curry Paste to Cart)
- 4 large lamb shanks
- 1.5 cups beef or vegetable stock
- 400ml can coconut milk or coconut cream
- 2 cups total of chopped carrots, pumpkin & green beans
- Thai basil for garnish
METHOD / DIRECTIONS
- Lightly toast peanuts in hot dry wok until golden brown then crush to very fine in food processor or mortar & pestle. Set aside.
- Fry Life’s Good Red Curry Paste & Tomato Paste in moderately hot wok for 2 – 5 mins until paste begins to stick to wok.
- Add Lamb Shanks & Peanuts & turn until Shanks are coated in paste. Then add stock & simmer 45 mins.
- Following this stage you may need to add a little extra stock or water if shanks have absorbed most of the liquid.
- Add Pumpkin & Coconut Milk & simmer on low heat for another 30 to 45 mins until shanks are tender & juicy. This dish is best if allowed to simmer for as long as possible to allow peanuts to incorporate into sauce & shanks to become mouth-watering.
- 15 mins prior to serving add carrots & beans. Serve with rice & garnish with Thai Basil.
TIP! This recipe is also fantastic using chicken thigh fillet or seafood instead of lamb. Penang curry is also fabulous as a vegetarian curry.