LIFE'S GOOD PRODUCT
Massaman Curry Paste
- 3 tbsp Life’s Good Massaman Curry Paste (Add Massaman Curry Paste to Cart)
- 500g beef (chuck, blade or your preferred stewing cut) cut into large chunks
- 250ml stock (beef or vegetable)
- 400ml coconut milk or coconut cream
- 3 or 4 medium potatoes cut into cubes
- 6 small (pickling size) onions, peeled and left whole
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- Fresh chilli to taste
METHOD / DIRECTIONS
- Place Life's Good Massaman Curry Paste in a hot heavy based pan and fry until fragrant. If unaccustomed to spicy food, use only two tablespoons of paste instead of three.
- Add beef chunks and cook until slightly browned.
- Gradually incorporate stock and allow to thicken slightly.
- Add coconut milk or coconut cream, potatoes and onions. Gently simmer for at least one hour.
- Serve with Jasmine rice, sprinkle peanuts over finished dish and garnish with fresh chilli to taste.
TIP! This recipe is also fantastic using chicken thigh fillet instead of beef. Thigh pieces on the bone are perfect for slow cooking.