LIFE'S GOOD PRODUCT
Chiang Mai Paste
- 1 tbsp oil for frying
- 2 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 1 medium red onion or 4 red shallots finely sliced
- 2-3 tbsp Life’s Good Chiang Mai Paste (Add Chiang Mai Paste to Cart)
- 400g-500g diced pork
- 5cm piece ginger finely julienned
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste/puree (if available - or lime juice is a perfect substitute)
- 4-5 tbsp peanuts
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
METHOD / DIRECTIONS
- Heat oil in heavy based pan. Fry garlic and onion until softened.
- Add paste and fry until fragrant before adding pork.
- Stir until pork is evenly coated in paste.
- Add ginger, water and tamarind or lime juice.
- Simmer until pork is tender - this dish improves the longer it gently simmers so optimally leave it simmering very gently for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Add peanuts, fish sauce and palm sugar prior to serving.
- Serve on a bed of jasmine rice.
TIP! Perfect in the slow cooker - simply add the peanuts, fish sauce and palm sugar right at the end 5 minutes before serving.