LIFE'S GOOD PRODUCT
Butter Chicken Paste
- 3 tbsp Life's Good Butter Chicken Paste (Add Butter Chicken Paste to Cart)
- 500g diced chicken thigh fillet
- 100g onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 150g uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 250g cauliflower cut into small florets
- 50g frozen peas
- 200g cherry tomatoes halved
- Coriander sprigs chopped to serve
- 4 tbsp natural or greek yoghurt to serve
METHOD / DIRECTIONS
- Spray a deep heavy based pan (with a lid to fit - essential) with oil then heat.
- Add diced chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until browned. No need to cook through as will be returned to pan for further cooking later. Trasfer to plate.
- Add onion nad garlic to pan. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until beginning to soften.
- Return chicken to pan and add Life's Good Butter Chicken Paste. Stir continuously for1 minute.
- Add uncooked rice and stir to coat in paste. Stir in stock and season with cracked pepper.
- Scatter cauliflower, cherry tomatoes and peas evenly over chicken and rice mixture.
- Cover with lid (making sure it fits snugly) and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 24 minutes. Do not remove lid during this period!! After 24 minutes DO NOT LIFT LID! (Trust me!!) Remove pan from heat with lid still in place and allow to sit, still covered, for an additional 5 minutes to continue to steam.
- To serve, sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves and a dollop of yoghurt.
TIP! This recipe is also fantastic using lamb instead of chicken. Choose a lean cut like fillet or rump and slice into medium thickness pieces.