LIFE'S GOOD PRODUCT
Green Curry Paste
- 3 tbsp Life’s Good Green Curry Paste (Add Green Curry Paste to Cart)
- 1 whole baby snapper (squire) approx 700g (or alternative firm fleshed whole plate sized fish)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk or coconut cream
- 1 large banana leaf (optional or aluminium foil
- 1 quartered fresh lime plus extra lime wedges to serve
METHOD / DIRECTIONS
- If your fishmonger has not descaled and gutted the fish, you'll need to do this first.
- Place the fish on a chopping board and with a sharp knife, score the skin and outer flesh of both sides. Cuts should be made diagonally along the length of the fish approx. 2-3 cm apart.
- Open the gut cavity and gently massage 1 tbsp of Life's Good Green Curry Paste to both sides of the cavity.
- Rub 1 or 2 tbsp of Life's Good Green Curry Paste into both outer sides of the fish. Ensure paste spreads evenly down into each of the diagonal cuts.
- Place 4 pieces of fresh lime inside gut cavity.
- Drizzle coconut milk or coconut cream into gut cavity and outside of fish.
- If available, prepare banana leaf by gently cutting down along the centre stem to give you a large piece separated from the main central stem. Wash the banana leaf before using.
- Wrap the fish in banana leaf as tightly as possible without tearing it. If banana leaf is not available, wrap the fish in foil.
- Cook for approx. 15 to 18 minutes on a hot BBQ plate or approx. 25 minutes in a moderate oven.
- Allow to rest in leaf or foil got approx. 5 minutes once removed from BBQ or oven.
- To serve, unwrap and place whole fish on serving plate and drizzle over cooking juices.
- Garnish with extra lime wedges.
TIP! Serve with rice and crisp Asian style salad as part of a Thai banquet feast.